Tuesday, February 14, 2006

LAC DMH renews Story Tactics contract...again!

I was very pleased to find a renewed contract from LA County in the mail this week...I've had the best time working with these folks. For the past couple of years I've been helping them implement a complex project created by Sierra Systems: the Integrated System, the Department of Mental Health's HIPAA-compliant MIS system.

I first worked with DMH in the early 90's on LA's disasters: I was one of the people who helped create Project REBOUND, the nation's first large-scale crisis counseling project funded by FEMA (back when they were run by people who knew what they were doing, like James Lee Witt).

This current project has let me play around with all sorts of design stuff, starting with Dreamweaver and leading to Macromedia's Captivate. In between I've done tons of content, loads of training, and all sorts of interesting stuff (like managing online listservs, etc.).

I know it sounds a little crazy, but somehow between this and DECLASSIFIED I feel a little more balanced. Yin = insanity of TV production, Yang = insanity of massive bureaucracy.

Funny how these things even out...thanks again, DMH! Looks like I will be around (at least part time) through July.

No comments: