Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Inside the LA MARATHON 2008

NENIKEKAMEN!

OK, I am posting this with YouTube under protest...



...why? Because VIMEO has much better compression. Check out the same video here for a better time!

There's nothing like that feeling...congrats and thanks to all the amazing runners and Angelenos who turned out that day. What a terrific race! I got a little punchy going into Boyle Heights, but then I saw the view of downtown from the 6th Street Bridge...it's like that shot from the Wizard of Oz!


I shot this (and all the video here) using a simple Quickpod and my little Nikon. Next year, I'm going for a little more image stabilization. Or maybe I'll just shoot more stills. Either way, it's like the man said when he arrived in the city of Athens: "Nenikekamen!"



"We are victorious!"

No comments: